Frequently Asked Questions about getting married in church.
Who can get married at St Mary Magdalen?
- Lives or has ever lived in the parish for six months or more.
(Click here to see the parish boundary)
- Has ever worshipped regularly at St Mary Magdalen for six months or more.
- Was baptised or confirmed at St Mary Magdalen.
- Has parents who have lived in the parish in your lifetime.
- Has parents who have ever worshipped regularly at St Mary Magdalen.
- Has parents or grandparents who were married at St Mary Magdalen.
Do you have to have been baptised to get married in church?
How much does it cost?
A full church wedding including organist and choir cost £656 in 2019.
What if I’m divorced?
It is still sometimes possible to get married in church so please talk to the vicar.